First of all know that YOU CAN DO IT!
- Time management is very important. Pull out the planner and write down all the deadlines for assignments, tests, exams, etc.
- Try to limit going out on weekends if it is not necessary and instead catch up on readings and assignments.
- Go into class prepared which means do the required readings before attending the lecture.
- Do not put off any assignments till last minute. Make sure to take 5-10 minutes break after every 40 minutes.
- Take some time for self-care even if it is one hour a day. You need your sanity.
- Do not try to learn everything the day before the exam. YOU WILL FAIL. Review material after every lecture and start studying a week before the exam dedicating at least 1-2 hours a day with breaks in between.
- Use the Saunders NCLEX-RN Examination review book. Even if you have not covered the topics, read the Q&A and the rationales. Spend 15-20 minutes few times a week or more depending on your schedule.
- Learn to prioritize and stop procrastinating.
- You need sleep. Try to sleep for at least six hours a day. Give your brain a break!
- Go to tutoring or hold group study sessions with your friends.
This is what got me through my first semester and hopefully will get me through my entire nursing program. Of course everyone has their own way of learning and doing things so as always feel free to leave a comment down below with whatever worked for you 🙂