Exit HESI was no joke. It was 160 questions and we were given 6 hours to complete it. I did it in one sitting because I knew if I tried taking a break, I would lose my train of thought. It took me a little less than 3 hours to finish the exam. I needed to score a 900 or above to pass.
So how did I pass on my first try? Well, the first thing that I did was I believed in myself and so I manifested my way through passing once again!
Here are my tips and what worked for me:
- Begin studying with a positive attitude. Tell yourself you will pass and you got this!
- Start studying right away. Do NOT wait till last minute! Cramming never works.
- Do a 50 question practice test on all the topics using a quiz bank. Either Archer, Uworld, Elsevier, etc. Figure out your weak areas.
- Make a list of all the weak areas and go over them.
- Know your concepts so either read the HESI books or watch YouTube videos on certain nursing topics.
- Read the rationales and make your own notes.
- Stay consistent with doing practice questions everyday. At least 50-75 questions a day.
- Take breaks and don’t forget to get enough sleep before the exam day.
Remember when you are preparing for the HESI, you are technically also preparing yourself for the NCLEX, so don’t feel that the time that you spend studying is going to waste.
I am one week away from graduating and I cannot believe how time flew really fast. This final semester has been great and I feel like my clinical making decisions have improved. I am excited to start my next journey of passing my NCLEX and working as an RN.
More updates to follow so don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!