Before nursing school started I bought so many things off of Amazon that I did not need. So here are a list of things that I think will really prepare you for nursing school.
- Foldable clipboards are a must and so convenient to use and carry during clinicals. I used to fold it and put it away in my scrubs pocket when I wasn’t using it. You can choose the plain one or the one with notes on it.
2. Littman Stethoscopes are the best. They can be a little costly but it is a one time investment because they last longer and you can hear the lung sounds and the heartbeat more clearly compared to the stethoscopes they provide at school.
3. RNotes is a nurse’s clinical pocket guide that has everything summarized and is easy to follow. It definitely helped me during the clinicals and the health assessment class. I think it is a great investment for all nursing students.
4. Sticky notes are helpful if you prefer reading from a textbook and like to take written notes. I am not a digital notetaker and so I prefer using sticky notes and dividers to help me stay organized.
5. Saunders NCLEX Comprehensive Review book has helped me score high on my HESI exit exam. Even though we do not cover all the materials in the first semester, this book tells you how to take the exams and they have great practice questions. I highly recommend using the book as soon as you start nursing school.
6. Undated planners are a must as well. When you are in nursing school, you have to stay organized. It is helpful to jot down all the due dates and exam dates as soon as you know it. That way you will never miss a deadline and be prepared ahead of time.
So these are the six things that has helped me through the first semester of nursing school. I did not want to include the school supplies like pens, highlighters, pencils, etc. because I feel like everyone has a personal preference. I only use black pen because I don’t have the time to switch between pens while taking notes and so that is where the multicolor highlighters come in handy.
Subscribe to my blog to stay up-to-date on my nursing school journey!